What is the policy on odd/even parking downtown during the winter?
Please CLICK HERE to view the official odd/even parking map.

What is the policy on wedding ceremonies at Oval Beach?
 Unfortunately wedding ceremonies are not permitted at Oval Beach as they negatively impact beach operations.  There are however other better equipped wedding venues in the Saugatuck-Douglas area CLICK HERE that may better accomodate your plans.
How do I reach City Hall?
Call (269) 857-2603, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am
to 5:00 pm. You may leave a voice-mail message during off-hours.
Our fax number is (269) 857-4406 or you may e-mail us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Our mailing address is PO Box 86,
102 Butler St., Saugatuck, MI 49453. We will respond to your
request as soon as possible.

How do I contact members of the City Council or Planning Commission?
Visit our City web site link for the Board or Commission you are interested in (to the left). There you will find minutes, membership and meeting schedule information for each City Board and Commission.

How do I contact the Saugatuck/Douglas Police Department and the Saugatuck Township Fire District?
For a Police or Fire emergency, call 911. For a Police Department non-emergency call (269) 857-4339. For a Fire Department non-emergency call (269) 857-3000.

How do I contact the Department of Public Works?
Telephone (269) 857-2558 between the hours of 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. The DPW building is located on Blue Star Highway with additional access from Maple Street.

Does the City trim trees owned by the City in the right-of-way?
Yes. The City is proud of its intensive tree program and is active in maintaining their health and appearance. Please call the DPW or City Hall if you have questions or concerns about any City tree.

Does the City have a recycling program?
Yes. City of Saugatuck citizens receive a special rate for trash and recycle services through Chef Container. Citizens can recycle items curbside as part of their weekly trash pickup. Please contact Chef Container for further details at 616-494-0561 or visit their web site at www.chefcontainer.com

Where do we vote?
Saugatuck City residents vote at Saugatuck City Hall for all local, State, National and school elections. City Hall is handicapped accessible.

Who provides cable television service in the City?
Comcast 1-800-824-2000

What type of public transportation is available in the area?
The Interurban is a demand-and-response bus system that serves Saugatuck, Douglas and Saugatuck Township. Call (269) 857-1418 for fares and hours of service.

When are tax bills mailed and due?
City tax bills are mailed out twice per year. The first one is mailed on July 1st and due by September 14th and the second one is billed on December 1st and due by February 14th.

Does the City store birth and death records?
No. Birth and death records are maintained at the Allegan County Clerk’s office, 616-673-0450.

How do I purchase a cemetery lot or check old cemetery records?
Area cemeteries are located in and managed by the Saugatuck Township Clerk, (269) 857-7721.

© Copyright 2012 City Of Saugatuck, All Rights Reserved